Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Looking @ an Exhibit

On my recent trip to Washington DC I visited the Asian Art at the Freer Sackler Gallery. This was my favorite museum to visit. I enjoyed the fact that all of the exhibits featured items through Asian history that were mostly everyday goods like furniture, pottery, and household art pieces. Just like our exhibit focuses on the idea of the everyday history and design of the common couch.

I like how the colors of the exhibits were very neutral and it allowed for the pieces to be the interesting and eye catching in each of the rooms. I also like how even when entering the lobby of the space, they had pieces of modern art that reflected Asian art traditions. I think this idea could work in our exhibit, by allowing couch seating for viewers, and have some of the pieces hands on if you will, but also a functional part in the overall exhibit viewing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment